Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Fads and Fashion and Fat...Oh, brother.

by Angela K. Durden
Technology inventor protecting creator's copyrights. Business writer, novelist, songwriter, and Citizen Journalist.


I once read a book about how to pamper yourself and be all-woman all the time because I deserved it... at least so said the authors who, of course, recommended all their products as a really good way to start on that project. 


I just love the title. "A Year of Beauty and Health."

Hahaha-duh-blah-blah-blah.

A year. I made it through one day. The methods were so expensive and I was broke and 19, that the only thing I could do was shower and crawl into bed without drying off. Yep, that was one of the methods. Yes, it was written by Beverly Sassoon and her husband, Vidal. 

Money was no object for the soon-to-be-ex-wife of Vidal. Side note: My ex-husband used to work for Vidal out in California when he was first getting started. I contribute Vidal's success to how well my ex loaded his trucks. I contend that without my ex's attention to detail, product would have been mislaid and not got to distributors and retailers on time.

So you would think that Beverly could've shared some of her money later, but no, she acted like she didn't even know me. Bev has held up pretty good after all these years. I mean, her skin's crepey like a lot of old women's gets but it doesn't look like she's overdone it on the plastic surgery or anything.

Moving on from all that negative drama, when I was 22, I read a book by Adrien Arpel on how to look 10 years younger, but didn't do any of those things because I didn't want to look 12. 

Adrien does not look so good now. Lots of plastic surgery for her, so I guess her suggested methods didn't work so well after all. 

The older I got, the more practical I became, so that...


In my mid-30s I read a book about how to lose weight, but found that if I put my purse down before I got on the scale, 10 pounds came of INSTANTLY. 

No comments:

Post a Comment