Saturday, September 16, 2017

If there is an American radical right, where is an American radical left?

by Angela K. Durden
Technology inventor protecting creator's copyrights. Business writer, novelist, songwriter, and Citizen Journalist.

It is quite possible that the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) began as a needed organization with solid people and good motives.

It is also quite possible they still do some good in the world, though frankly I'm not sure what that would be. I know what the SPLC thinks it is. As you can see from this map on their website, they think it is tracking the 917 groups they have designated Hate.




I am not opposed to knowing where hate groups are located and what types there are. Forewarned is forearmed, right? The SPLC even breaks the groups down by type and state. The General Hate designation is troublesome. What is "general hate"?

For instance, let's say I hate smoke (which I do, by the way). If I start an organization specializing in Cigarette Smoke Hate, will I be kicked off the General Hate list since my focus will be on only one type of smoke? The SPLC is not very helpful in this matter.



But frankly, even that isn't the main concern. It is what they focus on as a Hate Group as this screen snip will show. Notice the four words I underlined in red in the below graphic?

"The American radical right." As if there can never be and there is no "American radical left."



You won't find me supporting Jesse James, a home-grown domestic terrorist who was a total radical right. I would like to say he was bat-sh** crazy, but he wasn't. He knew what he was doing and he did it well.

I don't care what the movies have romanticized about him, all his crimes were motivated toward those he disagreed with politically. He was merciless.

Right; left. I don't care because when they get radicalized, then you know you're getting into Wild, Wild West territory.

The SPLC is like Jesse James in that they believe so totally in the rightness of their vision that anything outside it they label hate. That makes their motives suspect and any information they spew out as propaganda.

No comments:

Post a Comment