Saturday, March 21, 2020

A Morning for Angela Anagrams


A Magnificently Methodical Southern Woman 
and The Most Brilliant Woman in the World 


During this "Beer" virus downtime I have done lots of those little things that need doing. I've organized all my spaces. I've had my son help me build shelves. I've worked on sewing projects. And, with the 10-human crowd-size limit, I've done streaming house concerts with Misha Stefanuk and Joel Edwards since we cannot perform in public. I'm reading a manuscript by a '60's pop icon for a book he submitted to my publishing company.

But this morning I reached a new low of looking for something to do. I went to an anagram generating site on the Internet and put in my name: Angela Durden. After copying and pasting the list into a Word document, I went through and got rid of 463 that were either meaningless or nasty. The remaining 37 are below; you can read the entire list for yourself.

However, I have chosen my faves out of these and have added punctuation to make it even more meaningful where that works. What makes an anagram my fave, you ask? If it is something others have called me. If it is something my ex would've called me. They are:

Things my ex might've called me:
Adrenal Nudge
Annual Dredge
Laundered Nag

Things others have called me:
Danged Unreal
Danged Neural

However, the best fun of all was the book titles I came up with. Something that would make a title for a book that John D. MacDonald* would've written. They are:

Book titles: 
A Dangled Rune
A Gnarled Nude
A Dunned Lager
[The] Unread Dangle
A Gerund, Laden
A Regal, Dunned
[The] Nude Nerd Gala
Run, Dead Angel, [Run!]
[The] Dead Regal Nun


Was that fun or what? It was fun. Spurred me to greater heights of creativity. Not that I need much spurring which you would know if you have purchased any of my books. What? You haven't bought any of my books? Well, why not? Click the link below or go to Amazon.com and type in Angela K. Durden in the search bar. 


SUPPORT YOUR CITIZEN JOURNALIST.
AND BUY A BOOK!


THE ENTIRE LIST:
Annealed Drug [to heat and then cool]
Adrenal Nudge
Uganda Lender
Annual Dredge
Laundered Nag
Danged Unreal
Danged Neural
Ungraded Elan [vigor, spirit]
Dungaree Land
Dangle Unread
A Dangled Rune [mystery, secret, character of the runic alphabet]
A Gnarled Nude
A Laden Gerund [word ending in -ing]
A Lager Dunned
A Regal Dunned
Agenda Led Run
Gala Ended Run
Gala Nerd Nude
Add Leaner Gun
Dead Angel Run
Dead Angel Urn
Dead Angle Run
Dead Lager Nun
Dead Regal Nun
Leaded Nag Run
Graded Ale Nun
Landed Age Run
Landed Age Urn
Darned Ale Gun
Adder Gale Nun [Snake Storm Nun]
Adder Lane Gun
Adder Elan Gun
Dread Gale Nun
Dread Lean Gun
Dread Lane Gun
Leader And Gun

*I had opportunity to meet his grandson at Bouchercon 2018 in St. Petersburg, Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment