Tuesday, December 24, 2019

You stick to it, Mr. Eddie Murphy.

Hey, Eddie Murphy! Loved the monologue on SNL. Here's my response to Bill Cosby's publicist who publicly tried to shame you for it: 


Oh, wow. You mean Mr. Bill Cosby's publicist trotted out all the good deeds his client did for "his people" to try to shame Mr. Eddie Murphy's spot-on monologue? You mean that because Ol' Bill was the first of his color to break barriers on TV or win awards somehow means we should not discuss his criminal behavior and how it affected his fans?

I loved Ol' Bill's comedy from the time I was a teenager and heard a record of his. I still say "Bob" and "Everybody out of the gene pool." I loved Fat Albert cartoons and "I Spy" with Robert Culp. And when my children came along, I let them watch the Huxtable family show.

Eddie Murphy spoke for a lot of people who had the same fan experience as me. So, to Cosby's publicist and to Ol' Bill himself, I say,

"Why don't you do like you did to the ladies, Bill. Take a chill pill and Stop. Your. Whining."


by Angela K. Durden
The Most Brilliant Woman in the World

Business writer.  Songwriter.  Protecting creator's copyrights. 

SUPPORT YOUR CITIZEN JOURNALIST.
AND BUY A BOOK!

No comments:

Post a Comment