Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Cold Spaghetti, Moon, and Solar Winds.


At it again...all for you.


by Angela K. Durden
The Most Brilliant Woman in the World
Business writer.  Songwriter.  Protecting creator's copyrights. 

I like cold spaghetti. Let me restate: I love it. The crisp tang of the tomato sauce over cold noodles makes my taste buds stand up and cheer. 

When it is dark and the cicadas and tree frogs and owls are chirping, croaking, and hooting in the first cool night heralding Fall, my balcony is a fine place to be.

Which is another way of saying that this particular evening was a fine way to end the day.

Standing on the balcony, I looked up and saw the moon. At first I thought I was seeing things and so squinted my newly awakened eyes to get them to focus. But what I saw remained.

There was a bluish haze swirling around the moon. It wasn't clouds in the earth's atmosphere playing a trick because the haze remained at the moon's edges. What was it? The pattern and swirl looked familiar and that is when I remembered why it was familiar. It looked somewhat like the Aurora Borealis light display produced by solar winds.

And here, against the night sky, the full moon was putting on a show of its own. With barely any atmosphere and only 1.2% of the Earth's gravity, solar winds can kick up mighty big dust storms on the moon.

Standing on the balcony, cold spaghetti momentarily forgotten, I watched the solar winds ever-changing in their flow and ebb until dark storm clouds pushed in, hiding the moon from view. 

Those who watch the skies are having too much fun. If they add cold spaghetti to their viewings, they will be in heaven.


SUPPORT YOUR CITIZEN JOURNALIST.
AND BUY A BOOK!


No comments:

Post a Comment