Sunday, February 4, 2018

Better cancel that order for your new yoga pants, you White Colonization-Loving Racist Pig you.

by Angela K. Durden


From the files of "I swear I did not make this up", it seems that doing the downward-facing dog is the same as telling people of color to kiss my pretty, white, ruling-class, privileged ass, and give up their civilization and culture while they are at it.

Now white people have to learn to "decolonize" their stretching routine?

And here we have yet another Proudly Brown professor and a white Social Justice Warrior, Shreena Gandhi and Lillie Wolff of Michigan's Kalamazoo College, trying to lay a guilt trip on me?

I am a practitioner of stretching. It is a complicated routine that involves moves from the ancient art of yoga, as well as some suggested by Mr. Joseph Pilates, a German emigré, and some I've seen done by cheerleaders as they warm up for the big game. See? I have pom-poms and everything.


Gandhi
Wolff
Of course, Shreena and Lillie do not want us privileged white folk to give up being healthy.

To the so many white people who practice yoga, please don’t stop, but please do take a moment to look outside of yourself and understand how the history of yoga practice in the United States is intimately linked to some of the larger forces of white supremacy.

I have a better idea, girls: Get outraged about something that really matters like...oh, I don't know, just off the top of my head here, corrupted FBI leadership and other Deep State actors who have been systematically gutting the protections afforded citizens of the US by the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

If you were to do that, then I might take you seriously. As it is, you're just poseurs looking for free profile marketing opportunities in your search for job security and ego-stroking faculty meetings.






No comments:

Post a Comment