Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Barry is the Man(ilow): Night Songs

by Angela K. Durden
Technology inventor protecting creator's copyrights. Business writer, novelist, songwriter, and Citizen Journalist.

The songs of the night around my condo remind me of country living. You know you got your cicadas and your tree frogs and such as that every night.

Then you have your night songs that happen occasionally. The other night barred owls were having a rip-roaring hootenanny-slash-family reunion. The trees were full of their distinctive hoot.

Some say barred owls sound like monkeys mating. I believe they are not far wrong. But they also ask a question: Who cooks for you? Who cooks for you?

Hear more barred owl sounds here.




But the worst night song is when new kittens are being uploaded.

I've spared you the night song of mating cats. You can thank me later.I wonder if these were the sounds Barry Manilow heard when he wrote Night Songs?

Yeah...probably not. Enjoy Barry here.


No comments:

Post a Comment