Sunday, August 6, 2017

Road Trip Talk with the RNC

by Kim D.

Setting: Traveling by car from Texas to South Carolina. Bluetooth shows an incoming call. As I tap the screen to accept the call from an 800 number, my gut feeling is I will regret accepting it. I was wrong.

Me:  Hello.

Lady from RNC: Good afternoon. My name is "redacted" and I am calling from the Republican National Committee. Let me first state that this call is being recorded for quality assurance purposes. As you know the Republicans in Congress are fighting a battle with obstructionist Democrats. We need your support and help more than ever.  Today we are asking that you please commit to a $75 donation to the Republican Party. Can we count on you?

Me:  You seem like a lovely person and my response is in no way directed at you personally.  Please confirm again that this conversation is being recorded.

Lady from RNC: Yes it is but . . .

Me:  Good. Please pass my thoughts on to the higher ups in your organization.  You asked for my support in 2010 to repeal Obamacare. I gave it with dollars and my vote. You took the support, won the House and did nothing. Then you asked again in 2012 with a renewed promise.  I gave again.  In 2014, you declared if you had the House and Senate, you could take action to repeal Obamacare. I gave money and pulled a lever for you, and you won again. This time the Senate. Yet, you did nothing.  In this past election, you swore with the House, Senate, and the White House, Obamacare would finally be repealed.

Lady from RNC: Excuse me ma'am but . . . 

Me:  No, you see, that's the problem . . . there are no more excuses.  Never once did I hear anyone say the goal of the Republican Party was to repeal and replace Obamacare.  The promise all along has been to repeal a law that was rammed down our throats, hell bent on destroying our current health care system and intent on pushing Americans into a single-payer system.

Lady from RNC: But . . . 

Me:  My answer to your donation request is  . . .  no  . . . which will also translate to future votes unless Obamacare is repealed. Not replaced. Repealed. It is time for the Republican Party to support and help the people who put them in power. It is time to act on promises repeatedly made. When you've accomplished your promises, feel free to call back to renew my support and help which I will give.

Lady from RNC: (sigh)

Me:  Thank you and have a nice day. (click).



No comments:

Post a Comment