Sunday, July 30, 2017

More Broken Promises from Tech Giants

by Angela K. Durden


For the most part with the USPS, when an advertiser sends something through the mail, it gets to the mailbox. What the homeowner does with it after that cannot be controlled; everybody understands that.

But when one places ads online, where do they go? With all the manipulations these last few years there is no telling whether or not one's efforts are being seen. There is no way to accurately track delivery because we have to take the word of the company who says they will make it seen.

Micro-targeting became the buzz word for awhile. "We can make sure that only those interested in your product or service will see your ad!" said Google, Facebook, and others.

I questioned that promise the first time I paid Facebook to push out messaging for me. When no sales happened and all I got was a bunch of folks from India and Indonesia "liking" my page and nobody from the U.S., that's when I knew something was wrong.

My products (books) and service (editing, writing) would not be used by anybody in a non-native-English speaking country. Why was Facebook showing it in India and Indonesia?

I can't answer that, but I do know that there are companies who pay people in third-world countries one penny per click to "like" Facebook pages and follow on Twitter. Now who are paying these companies to do that? Not me. And certainly not P&G, which is why...

Proctor & Gamble reached the same conclusion. 

My friend, Tom, sent me some interesting information about cost reductions in P&G. According to zerohedge.com, Proctor & Gambles' CFO Jon Moeller on an earnings call said:

(Transcript via Seeking Alpha)
“In the fourth quarter, the reduction in marketing that occurred was almost all in the digital space. And what it reflected was a choice to cut spending from a digital standpoint where it was ineffective: where either we were serving bots as opposed to human beings, or where the placement of ads was not facilitating the equity of our brands.”

In a press release, P&G said they chose "to temporarily restrict spending in digital forums where our ads were not being placed according to our standards and specifications."

Tech giants have been the biggest Ponzi schemes in the world. To them I say:





No comments:

Post a Comment