Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Houston Early Voting Gone Wild

by Kim D.

In Harris County (Houston, TX), over 67k people came out yesterday on day one of early election voting. In some polling locations, people stood in line for over an hour to cast their ballot. What does this say about a county in Texas which leans liberal? I am a betting person, though funds are low at present time and my wager would be rather small, and my suspicion is that this enthusiastic early voting bodes well for Republicans.  

Maybe I'm projecting how I vote on others in my community, but what drives me to the polls is the desire to vote for something.  Perhaps I just don't see the enthusiasm in supporting Hillary Clinton, but I can't see people fired up to go out on day one of early voting thrilled to be casting a ballot for the vagina candidate, one of the most corrupt politicians of our lifetime. 

Conversely, I don't see tons of people enthusiastic about voting for Donald Trump. We will always have our standard bearers who go to the polls each election cycle and vote straight Republican or Democrat, but in the conservative areas of Harris County, I don't see many Trump-Pence signs in yards just like I don't see many for Clinton either.

So why the enthusiasm?  My suspicion is that some voters are showing up early to vote and willing to stand in long lines for one reason only - to stop Hillary Clinton from becoming the next POTUS. Trump should win Texas but the question appears to be by what margin. It will be interesting to see how right or how wrong the pollsters actually were this election cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment