Wednesday, September 28, 2016

God Bless Texas and the Flag Pole

by Kim D.

As I hugged and kissed my son last night at bedtime, he said "Remember to wake me early Mom. It's 'Meet at the Flag Pole' tomorrow." I had seen the event in the school newsletter but didn't mention it to him. He heard about it at school and was excited to go, so this morning I got him up at 6:30 and we were out of the door by 6:55, headed to school.


We were meeting with other teachers, moms, dads, and students at the flag pole to pray this morning. 60 to 70 of us gathered together to say simple, yet meaningful, prayers for our country, community, families, teachers, and students. I'm pretty sure at least one mentioned world peace to cover all bases. We concluded by singing "How Great Is Our God."

While this is a public school, it's nice to know that programs exist to promote faith, kindness, and reverence to God, as this nurtures our children just as much as reading, writing, and arithmetic. God bless Texas and it's flag pole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment